Interested in working or interning for PACOS Trust? You can! Find out what positions are available and suitable for you!
1. Document Translation (contract work)
We are currently searching for individuals who can assist us in translating documents;
+ English – Bahasa Malaysia
+ Bahasa Malaysia – English
+ Local indigenous languages – English/Bahasa Malaysia
Although previous translation experience is not required, a candidate must be able to provide sample articles that he/she has translated and/or written as required for the task.
Please submit your sample article together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently searching for individuals to engage in project-based (contract) work for the organization.
If you are interested, we highly recommend that you send your resume to us and we will let you know of vacancies or available project-based work.
Interested candidates may send your resume to email@example.com.
We provide internship opportunities for:
• Pre-university and university students as well as fresh graduates.
• Post-graduate students with areas of research related to PACOS Trust’s work may submit proposals for research work while at PACOS Trust.
• Lawyers and paralegals
* Below are some internship opportunities in PACOS Trust that you might consider:
1) Law/ Human Rights Law/ International Law/ International Studies
Trained lawyers or those with a legal background (particularly human rights or indigenous peoples’ rights lawyers) can share expertise by providing legal advice, support, training and pro-bono work. Your expertise is most appreciated in the organization and communities as many indigenous people live in poverty and can not afford to pay for lawyers. However, YOU can play a role to end their suffering and have their voices heard!
2) Environment/ Sustainable Resource Management/ Engineering/ Food Science
Candidates with environment-related degrees (as well as engineering degrees), especially with regard to sustainable natural resource management, food production, water, sanitation and waste management, can engage with communities by developing and implementing environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
You are also welcome to conduct research on effective and sustainable measures that indigenous communities can engage with in order to encourage sustainable natural resources.
3) Education/ Management
Candidates with an education background can assist teachers in CLCs to develop and implement a specialized curriculum that incorporates traditional knowledge studies for students. You can also train teachers by imparting new skills – either teaching or managerial skills – to help them in their work and management of CLC.
4) Business / Agriculture / Food Science/ Environment
Candidates with a background in business or agriculture can help develop a plan to encourage sustainability within communities. Many indigenous people are well equipped with knowledge of agriculture, but with a little bit of help and training, they can use their knowledge and turn it into profit for their community.
5) Film/ Photography/ Design
Photos and videos hold great power in advocacy work as they amplify the voices of the oppressed even more; forcing others to hear their plea. If you are a filmmaker, photographer or graphic designer or currently studying to become one, intern with us! We are in constant need of talented filmmakers, photographers and graphic designers to help teach our staff and the community new skills as well as work on projects with us.
We also encourage filmmakers and photographers to take on their own projects to advocate and tell stories of the indigenous people in Sabah. If you need any assistance, send us an email together with your proposal and we will get in touch with you.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note that the internship list above is to give you a broad idea on how you can contribute to PACOS Trust during your internship with us. You are more than welcome to suggest new projects or ideas to us with regards to your course. Alternatively, you may also send us your resume with your field of interest, and we will put you in relevant programmes within the organization.